Dispelling the Most Common Therapy Myths
Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
5/16/2018 1:00 PM
5/16/2018 3:00 PM
If you have questions about registration or logistics for this webinar conference, click the grey "Event Contact Information" button above for contact information for the webinar conference manager. If you have content or other questions specifically for Rick Gawenda, please contact him through his website: www.gawendaseminars.com
Dispelling the Most Common Therapy Myths
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
(time varies depending upon your location)
• 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time
• 11:00 am - 1:00 pm Mountain Daylight Time
• 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Central Daylight Time
• 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
One registration allows for one phone line in which you can have as many participants sit and listen via a speaker phone and all would be eligible to receive a course certificate that you could submit to your state for POSSIBLE CEU credit
Rick Gawenda, PT
Early Registration Deadline:
May 2, 2018 at 11:59PM EDT
Final Registration Deadline:
May 16, 2018 at 11:30AM EDT
In my role as a consultant, speaker and presenter, one of my responsibilities is to provide my clients and participants with the correct information with references, when applicable, to successfully run their therapy practice or department while remaining compliant with Medicare and private insurance carrier rules and regulations. Over my past 15 years in my current role, I have received many “urban legend myth” questions that have been passed down that people think are true. The goal of this webinar is to dispel some of those myths.
Some of the 22 or more myths
that will be addressed in this webinar include:
• Therapy students can’t treat Medicare outpatients
• You can’t double book Medicare patient’s
• You can’t bill 2 CPT codes during the same 15-minute period
• You can’t bill more than 4 units per hour
• The definition of group therapy applies only to Medicare
• The definition of “requires direct one-on-one contact” applies only to Medicare
• Medicare requires an order to begin outpatient therapy services
• Medicare requires a re-evaluation every 10 visits
• Medicare doesn’t pay for maintenance therapy
• You must issue an ABN when a Medicare beneficiary exceeds the therapy cap
• I can collect cash from a Medicare patient for covered therapy services
• Medicare Advantage plans follow Medicare rules and regulations
• Medicare does not pay for reevaluations same day you provide treatment
At the conclusion of this webinar presentation, participants will:
• Identify the supervision requirements of a student treating a Medicare outpatient
• Describe how you can schedule Medicare and non-Medicare patient’s
• Recite what you can and can’t bill together during the same 15-minute time period
• Describe how you can bill more than 4 time-based units in an hour
• Define what the Medicare program does require for payment (order or plan of care)
• Identify the criteria for a re-evaluation to be billed to Medicare and private
• Recite when maintenance therapy is covered under the Medicare program
• List what services you can collect cash for from a Medicare beneficiary
• Understand the difference between traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans
Includes presentation time followed by a live Question & Answer session at the end.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Rick Gawenda, P.T., graduated in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. Mr. Gawenda is currently the President and founder of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and Director of Finances for Kinetix Advanced Physical Therapy Inc., a private practice located in southern California. He has provided valuable education and consulting to hospitals, rehabilitation agencies, private practices, nursing homes, and his peers in the areas of CPT and ICD-10 coding, billing, payment, documentation, and compliance as it pertains to outpatient therapy services as well as denial management and the appeals process for Medicare denied claims. Mr. Gawenda’s website, www.gawendaseminars.com, provides a valuable source of information on rehabilitation rules and regulations, coding, documentation, and reimbursement.
Mr. Gawenda is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and Michigan Physical Therapy Association (MPTA). Mr. Gawenda is the Past President of the Section on Health Policy & Administration of the APTA as well as Past President of the Michigan Association of Medical Rehabilitation Program Administrators.
Mr. Gawenda is also the author of “The How-To Manual for Rehab Documentation: A Complete Guide to Increasing Reimbursement and Reducing Denials” and “Coding and Billing For Outpatient Rehab Made Easy: Proper Use of CPT Codes, ICD-9 Codes and Modifiers”.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN
Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, speech-language pathologists, private practice owners and practice administrators, coders and office managers at private practices, as well as directors, managers, supervisors, compliance officers, risk managers, and billers in skilled nursing facilities, hospital outpatient therapy departments, schools, rehabilitation agencies, home health agencies, comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facilities, and billing companies.
INCLUDED IN YOUR MATERIALS PACKET
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this webinar conference, you'll also receive a handout (in PDF format) that will include related reference links.
Webinar recordings are
with registration, but registrants have an option to purchase a
webinar playback link for $49.95
(view via your computer as many times as you would like and audio comes through your computer speakers) or CD (audio only) for $69.95 prior to completing online registration.
- phone connection required only to hear the audio portion of the webinar
- Computer and internet connection required. Participants will be provided a url link where they can log in and follow the presentation on their computer as the speaker provides the presentation.
If your computer has speakers, you will be able to hear the audio portion through your computer speakers and will not require a phone connection. If no speakers on your computer or unable to be at a computer, participants will need to call in to the phone number provided to them to hear the audio portion. You will need adobe flash. Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc is not responsible for organization fire walls or computer software issues that may interfere and/or prohibit your connection to the webinar portion of the presentation.
TelSpanWeb System Requirements to View Webinar:
• Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
• MAC OS X v10.4 or Higher
• Internet Explorer 7 or Higher (Windows)
• Firefox 4 or Higher
• Safari 4 or Higher
• Google Chrome 2 or Higher
Stable Internet Connection, DSL or Above:
• 100 kbps for Video Transmission
• 300kbps for Screen Sharing and Remote Control
• Recommended 500kbps to ensure fluidity of all Services
Flash Player 10.3 or Newer:
Disabled pop-up blockers
Computer speakers for participants listening over the computer
In order to ensure successful connection to your upcoming meeting, please take a moment to conduct a system test by copying and pasting the entire url link in your web browser: http://web.telspan.com/systemcheck
has not been submitted
to any state board or national organization for CEU approval. A certificate of attendance will be available upon completion of the webinar for each participant and may be adequate for credit in some states; you will need to contact your state licensing regulatory body to determine whether or not credit will be granted for this webinar conference.
HOW THE WEBINAR CONFERENCE WORKS
Register for the event on or before 11:30am EDT on May 16, 2018
When you register, you'll receive a confirmation e-mail that serves as your receipt .
Approximately 5 days before the webinar conference, you will receive a separate email that provides you with instructions for accessing the call and handouts
. If you register within 5 days of May 16, 2018, instructions will be emailed the evening of the day you registered (after 6:00PM pacific time).
Please make sure that your email system will accept messages from the webinar conference host: email@example.com.
The easiest way to do this is to add this email address to the contacts list in your email software.
Gather your staff and listen to this webinar conference via your computer speakers or a speaker phone, follow along with the session handout on your computer, and participate in a live, interactive Question and Answer session.
Event Deadlines / Fees:
The early deadline for registration for this webinar conference is 11:59pm EDT, May 2, 2018. Final registration for the webinar conference is 11:30am EDT on May 16, 2018. Please call Michelle at 661.350.6187 if you would like to register after the deadline.
Select the desired Registrant Type and then click Register.
Printable Registration Form
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2005-2018 ShowMyEvent.com and Sauvtrax, LLC. All rights reserved.